Frequently asked questions
01. What is an LED light?
LED lights differ from traditional bulbs or tubes in the way they produce light. While old-fashioned light bulbs passed electricity through a thin wire filament, LEDs produce light through the use of a semi-conductor that emits light energy when an electrical current is passed through it.
02. What are the benefits of using an LED light?
LED lights have a low voltage and this means lower running costs and a longer life.
03. What “Plugins” are available to go into the Lumi-Plugin LED light?
Sprinkler heads, Smoke alarms, Heat alarms, CO alarms, PIR sensors and/or Emergency lighting.
04. What are the illumination levels?
05. How long does the Lumi-Plugin LED light last?
Lumi-Plugin is guaranteed for 5 years or 50,000 hours – depending on which comes first, but it is designed to last longer.
06. Can the light be dimmed?
Yes, the light can be dimmed.
07. Does it work with both sprinkler and misting systems?
Yes, both designs can be fitted.
08. If there is a fire will all the sprinklers go off and flood the whole building?
No, only the sprinkler head adjacent to the fire will operate and this will suppress the fire.
09. What are the benefits of using an LED light with the Plugin?
Installation costs are reduced because only one hole needs to be drilled instead of many. Running costs are reduced due to the low voltage lighting and further energy savings can be made by using the PIR sensor plugin.
10. Water and Electric together – is this safe?
Yes, in controlled conditions such as the Lumi-Plugin product.
11. Does it come in different colours?
Yes, white and chrome as standard, other colours available on request.
12. What is the power requirement?
Either 240v down to 16v or 110v down to 16v depending on the regional requirements.
13. Does it work with Amazon Alexa, Google Home and HomePod?
Although not yet available, this is currently being developed and will work with most virtual assistants.